POLYTECHNIC COMMON ENTRANCE TEST(POLYCET) 2016
AP POLYCET 2016 Notification, CEEP 2016 Apply Online, POLYCET 2016 Exam Fee, Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2016 Last Date, CEEP 2016 Result, POLYCET 2016 Results Release Date, POLYCET Rank Card, CEEP Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2016, AP POLYCET SYLLABUS 2016
The State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad will conduct Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET)” for the candidates seeking admission in to all Diploma Courses in Engineering / Non Engineering/Technology offered at Polytechnics / institutions (including Aided and Unaided Private Polytechnics / Institutions running as 2nd shift in Pvt. Engineering Colleges) in Andhra Pradesh State for the academic year 2016 - 2017.
AP POLYCET/CEEP 2016 IMPORTANT DATES:
Online application Start Date: 18-03-2016 (Friday)
Last date for sale of POLYCET booklet and filing of online application: 12-04-2016 (Tuesday)
Date of conduct of POLYCET-2016 : 27-04-2016 (Wednesday) Time: 11.00 AM to 1.00 PM
POLYCET 2016 RESULT RELEASE DATE: 09-05-2016 (Monday)
POLYCET is a Polytechnic common entrance test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad for admission into Diploma level programs conducted in Government, Aided, Private, Un-aided polytechnics and Second Shift polytechnics run in existing Private un-aided Engineering Colleges.
HOW TO APPLY for POLYCET-2016?
- For convenience of the candidate ONLINE filling of application for POLYCET-2016 is facilitated by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P. Hyderabad.
- Student can approach any of the nearest aponline/meeseva/payment gateway/net banking/Help line centers (Polytechnics).
The examination (POLYCET) will be of 2 hours duration consisting of only one paper as per the syllabus in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry of X Class (S.S.C.) Examination. March/April, 2016 as prescribed by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh./Telangana
The Question paper consists of 120 questions with a choice of four responses for each question with only one correct response among them.
- Section A: 60 Questions in Mathematics for 60 Marks.
- Section B: 30 Questions in Physics for 30 Marks.
- Section C: 30 Questions in Chemistry for 30 Marks.
All questions are of multiple – choice type. Each question will have a stem and four answers noted against as 1,2,3 and 4. Out of these four, only one is an appropriate answer to the statement given in stem and other three are distracters. A few sample questions of the type in all subjects are shown here. The stem is given both in Telugu and English. The distracters are also given in both languages whenever necessary. All correct responses (Answers) to the questions must be entered by shading /
darkening the circle / oval on the OMR responses Sheet provided separately for this purpose.
POLYCET 2016 RESULTS:
- The minimum marks for declaring a candidate to have passed in the Entrance examination shall be thirty percent i.e., 36 marks out of 120.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes shall be assigned ranking irrespective of the marks obtained in the entrance test. Such candidates even less than 30% marks in POLYCET-2016 shall be eligible to compete for their category of seats during the admission.
- The marks obtained at the entrance test shall be considered for the purpose of assigning rank, on the basis of which, selection shall be made for admission in to diploma courses.
- The above rules are subject to any amendments that may be issued by the Government from time to time.
- Every care will be taken to avoid errors in the valuation of answer sheets, tabulation of results and ranking of the candidates. Hence, request for revaluation or re-totaling will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- In case of a tie in rank at entrance test, the marks of the following subjects at Entrance Test in the same order as given below shall be considered for resolving the tie.
- i) Mathematics. ii) Physics. iii) Date of Birth
- While resolving the tie basing on the Date of birth as entered in the S.S.C. Certificate of the Candidate, candidate born earlier will be deemed to have obtained higher rank (better rank).
- In case the tie is still not resolved, the candidate who has secured higher percentage of marks in the qualifying test will be considered to have obtained a better rank, to resolve the tie.The results are likely to be declared within fifteen days from the date of test.
- Rank Cards will also be dispatched within a week from the date of declaration of results.
- The Candidates can download rank card from hptts://polycetap.nic.in or www.sbtetap.gov.in or from any help line centers or otherwise can contact coordinator of any helpline center for any further assistance.
- POLYCET 2016 Results will be declared by State Board of Technical Education, AP on May 9th, 2016.